Warehouse and Logistics Operative - North West
Reportable to: Branch Manager
Deadline for application:
GVAV is the UK’s most innovative AV system integrator and specialises in the design and installation of Audio Visual equipment to Education, corporate and industry sectors. We are passionate about providing state-of-the-art Audio Visual experiences for our clients, based from our six branches covering the whole of the country.
We are looking for an experienced Storeman/Driver to be based at our busy Atherton branch. This interesting role will include the day to day operations within our modern, clean-environment warehouse dealing with goods-in, goods-out and some planned delivery logistics all of which performed in a manner which enables the Company to provide the best possible service to its customers and maximise environment, health and safety performance.
This position also involves working closely with our whole project team to ensure stock and materials are available and in the right location, so projects can successfully complete on time. You need to be flexible, adaptable and reliable with a positive attitude as the role often requires working to tight deadlines and occasional additional hours.
- The day to day running and maintenance of a Warehouse and Engineers sundries store.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in accordance with relevant legislation and H&S policies.
- Use all equipment provided in accordance with safe working practices.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times and that waste is minimised.
- Receive goods and check into the warehouse accurately.
- Label and place goods correctly into allocated areas.
- Logistics and product delivery required to within our sales project area.
- Assist with processing and logistics of our recycling and re-use activities. Your skills and key characteristics
- Previous experience highly desirable.
- A keen interest in technology, particularly Audio Visual technologies is welcome.
- A highly detail-oriented approach in all aspects is required.
- Reliable with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to follow instructions of management and colleagues, working as a team.
- Flexible and adaptable, often working to tight deadlines with occasional additional hours.
- As a key member of the team, you will need to be an excellent and disciplined communicator.
- IT literate, mainly Microsoft Office suite, however full training will be given.
- A full, clean driving licence